Pueblo Arts Alliance’s Mission & Goals
The Pueblo Arts Alliance is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and collaborate in the development of the arts economy in Pueblo. Our goals include providing affordable working space for artists in the community, providing resources for artists to obtain funding sources, serving as a resource for the community to connect with artists, and promoting arts in our community via First Friday Art Walk.
The Arts Alliance is the administrator of the Creative Corridor, a Colorado Creative District, which is supported by the Pueblo Urban Renewal Authority, the City of Pueblo, and Colorado Creative Industries.
Art audiences in Pueblo contribute over $14 M to the Pueblo economy annually. The Arts Alliance supports it membership of over 90 arts and business organizations in working together to communicate, cooperate and collaborate to increase local and tourist audience attendance.
Business benefits from the arts in the Pueblo Creative Corridor by increased activity that results in more commerce. The Arts Alliance partners with business associations and Pueblo’s Urban Renewal Authority to attract more shoppers and audiences by promoting performances in downtown Pueblo.
Community events sponsored and promoted by the Arts Alliance create an increased quality of life in Pueblo. Pueblo Arts Alliance showcases performers at Pueblo’s First Friday Art Walk and schedules local performers for events. The Arts Alliance Studios provide affordable working space for artists in the community.
Pueblo Art Alliance’s Board Members
- Scott Whited, President - Founder, Retired Lecturer, Colorado State University-Pueblo
- David Edwards, Vice President - Retired Chair, Arts & Humanities, Pueblo Community College
- Jill Moring, Secretary - Community Art Member, Steel City Art Works
- John Carleo, Treasurer - Partner in Olde Towne Carriage House, Local Business Person
- Susan Fries - Economic Development Specialist, Pueblo County
- Angela Giron - Director, Pueblo Boys and Girls Club
- Elana Johnson - Retired Business Owner, Colorado City KOA Campground
- Danilo Leon - Assistant Spanish Professor, Colorado State University, Pueblo
- Ann Oreskovich - Chair, Arts & Humanities, Pueblo Community College
- John Wilbar - Community Artist, Sculptor, Studio 222
- Julie Ann Woods - Snowmass Village Community Development Director
- Doris Kester - Emeritus Board Member
- Heather Sandoval - Emeritus Board Member
- Kathleen Hearn Croshal - Emeritus Board Member
The Pueblo Arts Alliance is now Goldstar Certified!