Pueblo Arts Alliance’s Mission & Goals
The Pueblo Arts Alliance is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and collaborate in the development of the arts economy in Pueblo. Our goals include providing affordable working space for artists in the community, providing resources for artists to obtain funding sources, serving as a resource for the community to connect with artists, and promoting arts in our community via First Friday Art Walk.
The Arts Alliance is the administrator of the Creative Corridor, a Colorado Creative District, which is supported by the Pueblo Urban Renewal Authority, the City of Pueblo, and Colorado Creative Industries.
Art audiences in Pueblo contribute over $14 M to the Pueblo economy annually. The Arts Alliance supports it membership of over 90 arts and business organizations in working together to communicate, cooperate and collaborate to increase local and tourist audience attendance.
Business benefits from the arts in the Pueblo Creative Corridor by increased activity that results in more commerce. The Arts Alliance partners with business associations and Pueblo’s Urban Renewal Authority to attract more shoppers and audiences by promoting performances in downtown Pueblo.
Community events sponsored and promoted by the Arts Alliance create an increased quality of life in Pueblo. Pueblo Arts Alliance showcases performers at Pueblo’s First Friday Art Walk and schedules local performers for events. The Arts Alliance Studios provide affordable working space for artists in the community.
Pueblo Art Alliance’s Board Members
- Scott Whited, President - Founder
- Vanessa Martinez, Vice President - Former Editor at Colorado Springs Independent
- Jill Moring, Secretary - Community Art Member
- John Carleo, Treasurer - Partner in Olde Towne Carriage House
- Michael Boyd - Business Community Member, Studio Jeweler
- Dave Edwards - Chair, Arts & Humanities, Pueblo Community College
- Susan Fries - Economic Development Specialist, Pueblo County
- Elana Johnson - Retired Business Owner
- Danilo Leon - Assistant Spanish Professor, Colorado State University, Pueblo
- Julie Ann Woods - Snowmass Village Community Development Director
- Doris Kester - Emeritus Board Member
- Heather Sandoval - Emeritus Board Member
- Kathleen Hearn Croshal - Emeritus Board Member
The Pueblo Arts Alliance is now Goldstar Certified!